Please visit Reimagined Intervention Management for a tour of the recently updated intervention management pages.
Making Intervention Plan Changes
We often get questions about making changes to intervention plans and whether to edit, complete or delete interventions. This section is intended to be a quick summary to guide users to the correct processes.
Who can make changes?
Anyone on the intervention team can complete, edit or delete an intervention plan. To avoid possible mistakes or confusion, we recommend collaborating with your team to determine who will be responsible for maintaining the intervention plan and making changes only when they're a team decision.
Caution: Edits to a plan overwrite old information, which is lost forever. It is better to create a new intervention when key details like the start date, end date, and intervention strategy change.
I need to add or remove staff from the intervention team
Select Manage team from the action menu. Begin typing staff first or last name to select from the list.
Educator missing from the list to add to the team? Confirm the following:
- User has permissions to access the student because of user role (can see the student on the Students tab).
- User has logged into Student Success at least once and an overnight update has occurred since first login.
I need to continue the intervention but change interventionist (champion)
There are two options:
- Edit the existing plan to update the champion. Editing overwrites the existing champion on the intervention plan information and is easiest but there will be no record of the change in interventionist. If you choose to edit the champion, you can choose to track intervention champion changes (if desired), by adding an intervention note.
- Complete the plan and create a new plan. This is recommended if you want a new/separate intervention graph beginning with the new champion.
I need to extend the duration of an intervention
Select Edit plan on the action menu and update the duration accordingly.
I need to make a correction to intervention information due to an error
Select Edit plan on the action menu and update the incorrect data. Note: this is specifically for correcting an error in the original entry of the intervention, not changing the plan due to a team decision. Editing a plan overwrites the existing intervention plan information for the student and there will be no indication of the original implementation of the plan once edited.
I need to change intervention information, such as selecting a different intervention strategy or progress monitoring measure
Select Complete plan on the action menu. Create a new intervention plan or add the student to an existing group plan. Note: Once an intervention is marked as complete, the details entered can’t be edited. Do not edit an existing plan or you will lose the historical information when the intervention strategy is changed.
Student has met the goal and no longer needs the intervention
Select Complete plan on the action menu.
Student has not met the goal but will be changing interventions
Select Complete plan on the action menu and enter the date and goal not met. Create a new intervention plan or add the student to an existing group plan.
I need to remove an intervention plan that was created in error
On the action menu, select Delete plan for an individual intervention or Delete group plan to completely remove the plan from all students in the group. This permanently deletes the intervention plan and all associated notes but progress monitoring data remains visible on the student's profile page.
Interventions can’t be restored once deleted.
I need to remove a student that was added to a group intervention plan in error
Delete the plan from an individual student by clicking on the student’s name and More Actions then Delete Plan. Do not delete the entire group plan unless it must be removed for all students on the plan.
There are three places to manage a student's intervention plan, all accessible from the Students tab.
- Intervention Plans
- Group Plans
- Student's individual profile
Options available on the action menus are determined by the following:
- role in relation to the intervention plan. Champions and members of the intervention team can do everything. Those who can only view the plans will be limited to Print and Add a Note.
- type of plan (individual or group) and the page where you're accessing it.
- status of the intervention plan
- monitoring selection on the plan
Manage Plan via the Intervention Plans Page
- On the Students tab, click Intervention Plans on the left menu
- On the Intervention Plans page, use the See Only menu in the upper right and/or filters on the left menu to refine the list of student plans, as needed. Note that the plan status filter on the left is In Progress by default.
- Locate the student on the list. From there you can click Actions to access the the quick menu. Not all options are displayed on the quick Actions menu, particularly for interventions that are part of a group plan. For additional management options, click on the student and use the More Actions menu.
Manage Plan from the Student's Profile
- From the student list, click on the student's name to view the student's profile page.
- Under Intervention Plans, click on the intervention to expand.
- Click on More Actions in the upper right corner of the expanded intervention plan.
- Select the desired action
Manage Plan via the Group Plans Page
It's important to note that editing or deleting a group interventions plan applies the same to all students in the group.
- On the Students tab, click Group Plans on the left menu under Interventions
- On the Intervention Plans page, use the See Only menu in the upper right and/or the plan status filter on the left menu to refine the list of group plans, as needed. Note that the plan status filter is In Progress by default.
- Locate the plan and click Actions to access the quick menu of basic options for managing the group plan. For additional options, click on the name of the group plan. From this view, you can click More Actions for the group plan or click a student's name to expand and access the More Actions button available for the individual student.
Add a Student to an existing group intervention
Any member of the intervention team can add students to the group intervention plan. When adding a student to an existing group plan, be aware that the student will have the same start date, end date, etc. as the entire group. This means if a group plan was created in September and a student is added in February, it will appear that the student has been in the group plan since September. There isn't a way to edit the start date of individual students in a group plan. If the start dates are very different it may be more appropriate to create a new individual plan for the student instead, rather than imply the student has been receiving an intervention that was not actually delivered.
1. On the Group Plans page
2. Click on the group intervention plan
3. Click the More action button. Select Add Students in the drop-down.
4. Begin typing the student’s name in the search field. Select the student’s name in the drop-down.
5. Click Save. The student is now in the plan group with the same intervention details such as start date, duration, etc.
Student’s name not in the drop down?
Confirm the spelling of the student’s name and that the student is listed on your Student’s tab in Student Success. If not, check the data entry into your student information system to ensure the student has an active school enrollment. For classroom users, also confirm the student is scheduled into one of your courses.
Special Instructions for Plans with AIMSweb Math PM
Due to a known issue, an error occurs when adding students to existing intervention plan groups that have AIMSweb math selected as the PM measure. The workarounds suggested are: 1) Create an individual intervention plan for the student, instead of adding to a plan group, or; 2) delete the existing intervention plan group and recreate it with the additional student included, using the original start date.
Who can manage the intervention team? The plan creator and champion are automatically added to the intervention team and may then add additional staff. Once added, anyone listed on the intervention team can also add or remove others from the intervention team. We recommend including at least one building or district manager on each intervention team to assist with transitioning intervention access during roster changes.
Manage Team is available in the action menu on the student's intervention via Intervention Plans, individual student profile, or Group Plans.
What functions are available to members of the team?
In addition to the overview available on My Group Plans, members of the intervention team can do the following:
- add notes
- edit or delete the plan
- add/delete students
- mark the plan complete
- add/remove educators from the intervention team
To avoid possible mistakes or confusion, we recommend collaborating with your team to determine who will be responsible for maintaining group intervention plans.
Educator missing from the list to add to the team? Confirm the following:
- User has permissions to access the student (can see the student on the Students tab)
- User has logged into Student Success at least once and an overnight update has occurred since first login